Adventure China

By: Kevin

Email: Kevin.o83@gmail.com

URL: myspace.com/fathead024

Skype: okie.83


**This is more a personal journal for me to document my experiences in China, but I also want to keep people up-to-date and give insight on a different culture. I want to apologize in advance if I offend anyone or piss anyone off in any way. This blog will be, for the most part, uncensored and raw. If your scared about what you might read and/or find out about me, my life, and my views hit the x button at the top right corner now....otherwise enjoy :)
**PLEASE leave comments.. I dont know your reading unless you comment.. If you want to know something, have a question, or just want to respond please do/ask.. no such thing as BAD feedback..

Digg!

Favorite quotes

" Always shoot for the moon, because even if you miss you'll land among the stars"
-unknown


" Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor"
-unknown

" The path to truth is long, and lined the entire way by annoying bastards"
- Alexander Jablokov

" The best way to succeed in this world is to act on the advice you give to others"
-unknown

" Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don’t have a good partner, you’d better have a good hand"
-Woody Allen



Fish eye. Haircut. Bird and Flower market

Published by O-CO under on 08:20

Check this out.. I bought a black BIC lighter in Jersey before I got on the plane to Beijing along with a carton of Newports. The damn Newports are long gone, son of a bitch the cigs suck over here, and YES Im smoking again. I had lost the BIC lighter about 2 wks ago and it turned up the other night with one of my friends, I thought it was history. This is actually one of the longest periods Ive hung on to the same lighter. The beer bottle caps have jacked up the bottom of it though, war marks.. :)

I love running into Chinese girls who learned English from a British person bc they pick up the same accent and it sounds pretty hot when they talk. I dont really have an attraction British women and their accents, well now that I think about it, I might.. Well I def like listening to Chinese girls talk with the accent, I think its sexy. The good news now is I downloaded a free translator for my itouch, so now I can communicate with girls that cant speak English.. ahhh haha. Anyways its a pretty interesting thing to think about when people learn a language from someone, their teacher, they pick up the native accent as well.

So me and Gou ate fish hot pot the other night. Hot pot just means they bring fire and a big pot of soup that you cook meat and veggies, you order raw, at your table. Its a fun way to eat dinner with friends! I sucked the head, of course, and then Gou handed me one of the eyes and I slurped it down as well. Its a delicacy here and most people from China like them. The mothers tell their children that the more eyes you eat the better you will see and the prettier your eyes will become.. haha. Either way it tasted like a fish tank and as with all the weird shit Ive indulged in the texture and the thought of what your eating is the worst part. Ill probably do it again though..

I bought a t-shirt that has the work Nike and the logo on the front and under it has Chinese writing that says 'yea this is a fake ass Nike rip off' and then has the Chinese stamp for fake goods. Its pretty funny I think. On the back it again has the Nike logo but the check mark is broken in the middle, haha. Its like a shirt I would design if I made clothing..

I finally got a haircut yesterday. What an interesting experience that was. One girl started me off washing my hair in the chair, not in the sink. She stood there washing my hair for about 15 mins before another girl took me to the sink and washed the soap for another 10 mins, massaging my head as well. It was soothing to say the least. Then she brought me over to a different chair and a guy cut my hair while I showed him where and what to cut. I was having fun with it though and they thought it was funny. He did a pretty good job though and he did the fade really well in the back. They def take their time with what they do here and have no reason to rush or try to cut corners, especially with a foreigner I suppose. It cost me 30UN or about 5 bucks! I was happy. Ive had harder times getting my haircut in the US with people that speak my language, shit! Ill tell you what would be a great day; going up one of the mountains in Guilin on a hot sunny day, eating a nice hot pot dinner at one of the cool modern Chinese restaurants, going to get a haircut, then going to get a full body massage, after going for a pot of fruit tea at a tea house, followed by a night of dancing and heavy drinking at Yi Ren club. That would be awesome and I think thats what Ill do on my birthday, aside from the haircut, but I could just go for a wash and style.. lol.

Today we went to the bird and flower market which is about 15 min taxi ride from my apt. They sell all kinds of shit there, from tools and random Chinese market shit, to dogs/cats, hamsters, mice, chinchilla, rabbits, squirrels, all kinds of birds and chickens, turtles, lizards, fish, plants, flowers, trees, rocks, and rock water features built from the natural limestone rock and local plants. Its the ideal place to buy and build a fish tank or terrarium, or heaven on earth for a flora and fauna lover! Yes and you heard me right they sell pet squirrels too. They had some of the most beautiful Koi fish Ive ever seen. They also sold some turtles for like 200 US dollars. If you have a lot of these expensive turtles in your house your seen as rich and doing very well. Its kinda strange. Most of the stuff at this market is really cheap. I bought 3 bromilliads in a 3ft tall modern white ceramic pot for 110UN or less than 20 bucks, after we talked her down a little. The plants are big and perfect looking. Im going to fill this apt up with plants and trees from this market, Ill buy one of two a week. They really do have some sick ass shit here. Tables and chairs made from huge tree roots! I want to start a business exporting these wooden marvels from China to NYC or Jersey and open a storefront selling these things for soo much money. I found a sick one for a couple thousand UN and I could easily sell it in Jersey for a few thousand dollars! Thats a good return. Have to figure out the laws and logistics though. I def got the hook up with this one lady already. Bird and Flower market is the place to be if your into fish freshwater fish tanks, water features, birds, plants, and nice rocks. Ill be back there in a few days. I seen this big bonsai tree thats crazy beautiful and I want it!

I think Im going to Reed Flute Cave tomorrow, which is one of the must sees in Guilin, I hear its amazing.. Ill update as soon as I have something for ya. Now Im going to meet some people to plan my bday party at the club.. :P
 
 
Academics Blogs - Blog Top Sites